Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP. (AURN Photo / Brian Cook)
(AURN) -- In Florida, nearly 1 out of every 5 African-American men are ineligible to vote due to the state's laws that prohibit former felons from going to the polls. Officials of the NAACP are launching billboard campaigns in Florida, Virginia, Kentucky and Iowa in an efforts to allow those who have been convicted of a felony to exercise their right to vote.
- McAllister Minute: Mandela's Lesson for U.S.
- Thousands Line Streets for Mandela Viewing
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year
- GOP Outreach Targets the Motor City
- Budget Deal Averts Government Shutdown
- Rainbow Push Plans Mandela Memorial