Judy Clarke, a defense lawyer whose high-profile clients include the Unabomber, has been appointed to defend the Boston Marathon bombing suspect. (AP Photo/Reed Saxon)
(AURN) -- The Boston Marathon bomber's defense team gained some momentum Monday with the addition of attorney Judy Clark. The anti-death penalty lawyer gain noteriety after her representation of the Unabomber and the man who nearly fatally injured former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords during an Arizona shooting rampage.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction during the April 15 marathon. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured when two bombs exploded near the finish line.
- Assistance to the Central African Republic
- Theatre in London Collapses, Several Injured
- Obama Commutes 8 Crack Cocaine Sentences
- President, First Lady Meet with Moms
- Major Data Breach at Target
- GA Mega Millions Winner Comes Forward
- Freedom for NJ Man Jailed in Bite-mark Case
- Obama Panel Recommends Limits on NSA Spying