Candice Glover performs after she was announced the winner at the "American Idol" Thursday, May 16, 2013, in LA. (Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)
(AURN) -- Candice Glover has been crowned the new "American Idol.'' The 23-year-old R&B vocalist from St. Helena Island, S.C., looked stunned when "Idol'' host Ryan Seacrest announced she'd won over country singer Kree Harrison.
Glover had tried out two years ago and didn't make it, and she auditioned last year but was cut in the Las Vegas round. After her win, all Glover could say was ``three years.'' Her album is already available for pre-order, but won't come out until November.
- ACA Website Problems Update
- The ONE Campaign Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Wrongfully Convicted Man Out After 30-Years
- A Call for Justice in Death of Georgia Teen
- Thousands Line Streets for Mandela Viewing
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year