(AURN) -- President Obama on Thursday said the U.S. and Turkey will keep ramping up pressure to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad from power.
Obama says Syria's civil war is a heavy burden for neighboring Turkey. He says the U.S. will continue helping Turkey and other regional nations deal with refugees and other issues.
Obama spoke at a news conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in the White House Rose Garden. Erdogan says the U.S. and Turkey have overlapping goals when it comes to Syria.
- McAllister Minute: Mandela's Lesson for U.S.
- Thousands Line Streets for Mandela Viewing
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year
- GOP Outreach Targets the Motor City
- Budget Deal Averts Government Shutdown
- Rainbow Push Plans Mandela Memorial