George Zimmerman, the confessed killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, goes before a judge in Sanford, Florida as jury selection in the trial gets underway. (AP)
(AURN) -- One third of Sanford, Florida's population is Black and nearly half of its people are male, but the jury that will determine the fate of confessed killer George Zimmerman does not represent the areas populace. The judge presiding over the case has officialy confirmed a nearly all-white, femaile jury will hear testimony in the case. While one of the jurors is identified as "of color," the judge has also confirmed that she is not African-American.
- Native Americans Fight to Change Team's Name
- American Killed in Bengazi
- President Obama on Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95
- D.C.to Raise Minimum Wage, Workers Protest
- President Obama Talks Income Inequality
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?