William H. Gray, pictured at the United Nations, was appointed as special adviser on Haiti in 1994. (Photo: AP)
UPDATE: 7/8/13 7:15AM
(AURN) -- A memorial service is planned for Saturday, July 13 at Bright Hope Baptist Church in North Philadelphia at 11 a.m. Further memorial and funeral plans are expected to be finalized Wednesday.
Original post: 7/3/13
(AURN) -- The city of brotherly love is mourning the loss of a political icon. A longtime Philadelphia pastor and former U.S. Congressman William H. Gray III died suddenly while in London attending the Wimbledon Tennis Championships with one of his sons.
- Native Americans Fight to Change Team's Name
- American Killed in Bengazi
- President Obama on Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95
- D.C.to Raise Minimum Wage, Workers Protest
- President Obama Talks Income Inequality
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?