(AURN) -- President Obama is traveling today Jacksonville, FL, for the latest in a series of heavily promoted economic speeches. In Illinois Wednesday, the president said there are job ready projects to put americans to work now, and urged Congress to act.
The president is trying to refocus debate on pocketbook concerns after months that have been dominated by what he calls "phony scandals'' and "stale debates.''
President Obama FULL SPEECH on the economy at Knox College--7/24/2
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year
- GOP Outreach Targets the Motor City
- Budget Deal Averts Government Shutdown
- Rainbow Push Plans Mandela Memorial
- Campaign to End Workplace Discrimination
- Obama, Castro: A 'Significant' Handshake