(AURN) -- The hoodie Trayvon Martin was wearing when he was gunned down by former neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman could become part of a permanent exhibit at the soon to open National Museum of African American History.
Saying Trayvon Martin’s hoodie has become a nationwide symbol following his fatal shooting, Lonnie Bunch, the director of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History wants the original.
- Reaction to Pres. Obama's Inequality Speech
- President Obama's Inequality Speech
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?
- Daughter: Mandela on Deathbed
- NTSB Fields Questions on Train Derailment
- President Obama Commments on ACA Website
- White House Reacts to Detroit Bankruptcy