(AURN) -- With a focus on Obesity in the black community, The Root.com, Dominique Dawes and others are coming together for a day of fitness and family fun on Saturday, May 12th in Landover, Md to focus on solutions and prevention of obesity in the black community. The mission of the "Black, Fit and Healthy Series" is to galvanize attention and awareness to what many are calling an potential epidemic.
- Native Americans Fight to Change Team's Name
- American Killed in Bengazi
- President Obama on Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95
- D.C.to Raise Minimum Wage, Workers Protest
- President Obama Talks Income Inequality
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?