(AURN) -- President Obama has some key budget meetings today with Republicans and Democrats. More from White House correspondent April Ryan.
Meantime, House Speaker John Boehner says Republicans propose legislation to temporarily extend the government's ability to borrow to meet its obligations, in exchange for President Obama agreeing to negotiate over reopening the government.
The President has has said consistently that Republicans must reopen the government and prevent the threat of a first-ever government default before he'll negotiate over the budget and other conditions Republicans have sought.
- ACA Website Problems Update
- The ONE Campaign Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Wrongfully Convicted Man Out After 30-Years
- A Call for Justice in Death of Georgia Teen
- Thousands Line Streets for Mandela Viewing
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year