- AURN Programming
- Contact AURN
AURN ContactsProgramming & Operations Headquarters
960 Penn Ave., 4th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-3811
Telephone: (412) 456-4000
Fax: (412) 456-4040
AURN Advertiser Contacts
WASHINGTON (AURN) -- President Obama has a little more pep in his stride as he is announcing new ACA numbers.
The Affordable Care Act is working. It is giving millions of middle class Americans the health care security they deserve, it is slowing the growth of health care costs and it has brought transparency and competition to the Health Insurance Marketplace.
HEALTH CARE BY THE NUMBERS
- 8 million people signed up for private insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. For states that have Federally-Facilitated Marketplaces, 35 percent of those who signed up are under 35 years old and 28 percent are between 18 and 34 years old, virtually the same youth percentage that signed up in Massachusetts in their first year of health reform.
- 3 million young adults gained coverage thanks to the Affordable Care Act by being able to stay on their parents plan.
- 3 million more people were enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP as of February, compared to before the Marketplaces opened. Medicaid and CHIP enrollment continues year-round.
- 5 million people are enrolled in plans that meet ACA standards outside the Marketplace, according to a CBO estimate. When insurers set premiums for next year, they are required to look at everyone who enrolled in plans that meet ACA standards, both on and off the Marketplace.
- 5.7 million people will be uninsured in 2016 because 24 States have not expanded Medicaid.
Read More HERE
Filed under: POLITICS
The Nation's Only African-American Owned Network Radio Company.
New York | Pittsburgh | Atlanta | Chicago | Detroit | Los Angeles | Washington D.C.
The Bobby Jones Gospel Countdown
The Doug Banks Radio Show
Black College Football Poll