Mayra Rivera, center, with her children, Aixa Martinez, 18, left, and Aryam Rivera, right, from Philadelphia, wait inside the Embassy of Honduras Consulate Section in Washington, Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012. (AP)
President Obama announces his Deferred Action program after Congress fails to pass the Dream Act allowing thousands of current illegal immigrants to gain citizenship status.
(AURN) -- Thousands of young illegal immigrants will begin filing for temporary work permits today as a part of President Obama's deferred action program.
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year
- GOP Outreach Targets the Motor City
- Budget Deal Averts Government Shutdown
- Rainbow Push Plans Mandela Memorial
- Campaign to End Workplace Discrimination
- Obama, Castro: A 'Significant' Handshake