Ryan Carter, bone marrow donor and football player for University of Massachusetts-Amherst
(AURN) -- July is African-American Bone Marrow Awareness Month and blacks awaiting bone marrow transplants face a harsh reality. Of the 10-million potential bone marrow donors in the “Be The Match Registry,” only 7% of eligible donors are African-American.
Ryan Carter a 20-year-old football player for the University of Massachusetts Amherst donated his bone marrow and saved the life of a 5 year old child. He's working daily to dispel some of the myths and misperceptions about bone marrow donation.
- Winnie Mandela on Nelson's Last Moments
- ACA Website Problems Update
- The ONE Campaign Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Wrongfully Convicted Man Out After 30-Years
- A Call for Justice in Death of Georgia Teen
- Thousands Line Streets for Mandela Viewing
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama