Mayra Rivera, center, with her children, Aixa Martinez, 18, left, and Aryam Rivera, right, from Philadelphia, wait inside the Embassy of Honduras Consulate Section in Washington, Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012. (AP)
President Obama announces his Deferred Action program after Congress fails to pass the Dream Act allowing thousands of current illegal immigrants to gain citizenship status.
(AURN) -- Thousands of young illegal immigrants will begin filing for temporary work permits today as a part of President Obama's deferred action program.
- Native Americans Fight to Change Team's Name
- American Killed in Bengazi
- President Obama on Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95
- D.C.to Raise Minimum Wage, Workers Protest
- President Obama Talks Income Inequality
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?