George Zimmerman sits in a preliminary hearing in Sanford, Florida. (AP Photo, file)
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson, has been officially assigned to preside over George Zimmerman's 2nd degree murder case. (AP Photo)
Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. who was removed from George Zimmerman's case. (AP Photo)
(AURN) -- George Zimmerman is awaiting trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in a gated community in Sanford, Florida. The neighborhood watch volunteer admits to shooting the unarmed teen after saying he suspected Martin had a gun and also assulted him. Martin's family and attorneys tell a different story saying Trayvon was murdered.
- Native Americans Fight to Change Team's Name
- American Killed in Bengazi
- President Obama on Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95
- D.C.to Raise Minimum Wage, Workers Protest
- President Obama Talks Income Inequality
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?