This Feb. 28, 2007 file photo shows hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty in his office in New York. Lightly died of an apparent gunshot wound on Thursday, Aug. 30, 2012 at his home in the Bronx borough of New York. (AP)
(AURN) -- The man who helped artist like Mariah Carey and Mary J. Blige go mainstream has reportedly committed suicide. Bronx native, Chris Lighty was 44-years-old.
- Police Thwart Potential School Shooting
- KKK Meeting in Baltimore to 'Impeach Obama'
- Final Presidential Press Conference of 2013
- Senate Approves Defense Policy Bill
- Lawmakers Promise Vote on Jobless Benefits
- Assistance to the Central African Republic
- Theatre in London Collapses, Several Injured
- Obama Commutes 8 Crack Cocaine Sentences