Imani Sullivan, 29, talks about her frustration over trying to care for her two children with her janitor's pay. (AP Photo/Mel Evans)
(AURN) -- Many statistics show that one out of four African-American families struggle to put food on the table. "Bread for the World" is a faith based organization which is honing in on protecting those living in poverty and is urging congress to build a circle of protection.
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?
- Daughter: Mandela on Deathbed
- NTSB Fields Questions on Train Derailment
- President Obama Commments on ACA Website
- White House Reacts to Detroit Bankruptcy
- 3 Black Teens Arrested for Waiting on Bus
- Another Government Shutdown Looming
- Campaign to End Workplace Discrimination