Schools Fighting Childhood Obesity
Anne Jeffries, center, leads Daiana Jimenez, left, and Brian Guzman, right and their classmates in a yoga excercise as a part of a Head Start pilot program aimed at preventing childhood obesity in New York.(AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
(AURN) -- Childhood obesity is one of the nation's leading public health threats. The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is an organization that is rewarding schools who are leading the fight against the epidemic that effects millions of young people nationwide.
More AURN Headlines
- Reaction to Pres. Obama's Inequality Speech
- President Obama's Inequality Speech
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?
- Daughter: Mandela on Deathbed
- NTSB Fields Questions on Train Derailment
- President Obama Commments on ACA Website
- White House Reacts to Detroit Bankruptcy