(AURN) -- The U.S. Labor Department delivered a mixed bag of employment news today. 163,000 jobs were added to the economy in July, as the overall unemployment rate ticked up a tenth to 8.3%. The Black jobless rate dropped slightly to 14.4% from 14.1%, still considerably higher than the national average.
- President Obama's Inequality Speech
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?
- Daughter: Mandela on Deathbed
- NTSB Fields Questions on Train Derailment
- President Obama Commments on ACA Website
- White House Reacts to Detroit Bankruptcy
- 3 Black Teens Arrested for Waiting on Bus