This Feb. 28, 2007 file photo shows hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty in his office in New York. Lightly died of an apparent gunshot wound on Thursday, Aug. 30, 2012 at his home in the Bronx borough of New York. (AP)
(AURN) -- The man who helped artist like Mariah Carey and Mary J. Blige go mainstream has reportedly committed suicide. Bronx native, Chris Lighty was 44-years-old.
- Reaction to Pres. Obama's Inequality Speech
- President Obama's Inequality Speech
- MSNBC Host Resigns After Incendiary Remarks
- Which U.S. City Will Be the Next Detroit?
- Daughter: Mandela on Deathbed
- NTSB Fields Questions on Train Derailment
- President Obama Commments on ACA Website
- White House Reacts to Detroit Bankruptcy