African American couple applying sunscreen (Photo courtesy of Ray Festa Melanoma Foundation)
(AURN) -- According to a recent study, people of color are more likely to wait until skin cancer has reached an advanced stage before they visit a specialist. There is a common misconception within communities of color that people with darker skin don't need sun protection.
- McAllister Minute: Mandela's Lesson for U.S.
- Thousands Line Streets for Mandela Viewing
- White House Responds to Fake Interpreter
- Poll Numbers Down for President Obama
- Pope Francis: Person of the Year
- GOP Outreach Targets the Motor City
- Budget Deal Averts Government Shutdown
- Rainbow Push Plans Mandela Memorial